English name: Immortel hydrosol,helichrysum hydrosol,helichrysum organic hydrosol
Definition: The oily aromatic water remaining under the oil during the extraction of essential oil from flowers by steam distillation.
Scientific name of the plant: Helichrysum italicum
Plant family: Asteracea
Turkish name of the plant: Immortal flower, goldwort
Fragrance: Earthy, herbaceous and floral
EFFECTS, APPLICATIONS AND USAGE
- bleeding stopper
- wound concealer
- It reduces swelling and bruising on the skin.
- Accelerates the healing of cuts and burns. For example, it is very effective in closing post-operative scars and healing scar tissue. It helps to treat skin problems such as sunburn, skin rash, eczema and rosacea, and to relieve insect bites. It is used by spraying or applying directly to the relevant area.
- It can be used as a mouthwash by adding 15-20 drops of hydrosol to half a glass of water after oral surgery or tooth extraction. This application is also effective in diseases such as gingivitis and gingival recession.
- Vaginal application in the form of a spray relaxes the person in diseases such as chocolate cyst (endometriosis), uterine fibroid (benign tumors formed in the intrauterine muscle cells and fibrous connective tissue) and painful menstrual periods.
-People who are sensitive to Asteracea family plants should not use it.
- If trying for the first time, a patch test should be done on the skin. In case of an allergic reaction, it should be applied to a small spot of the skin and waited for 1 hour. If no reaction occurs, it should be applied to the skin.
- It should not come into contact with the eyes. In case of contact, the eyes should be washed with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and a physician should be consulted.
- It should not be used during pregnancy and lactation.
- It should not be used in newborn babies.
-The least amount of hydrosol needed to achieve the desired result should be used.
- It should be kept out of reach of children.
It should be stored in tightly closed non-plastic containers, in a cool place (preferably a refrigerator), protected from light and moisture.