English name: Matricaira Chamomile hydrosol, chamomile hydrolat
Scientific name of the plant: Matricaira chamomile
Turkish name of the plant: Medicinal chamomile, German chamomile
Definition: The oily aromatic water remaining under the oil during the extraction of essential oil from flowers by water distillation.
Color: Colorless or pale yellow
Fragrance: Slightly floral
EFFECTS, APPLICATIONS AND USAGE
- It is used as a sedative to reduce mental problems such as sadness, tension, anxiety, and anxiety, and for the elimination of seasonal allergies, by spraying it into the room as a spray or by giving steam to the environment by means of a diffuser (air diffuser). In addition, spraying on pillows and sheets helps for a calm and peaceful sleep.
- Due to its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effects, it can be used as a mouthwash for wounds and infections in the mouth and throat area.
- It helps to heal blisters, rashes, itching and burns on the skin, as well as diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, varicose veins and hemorrhoids. For this purpose, some hydrosol is applied by spraying directly on the relevant area or by compressing with the help of cotton.
- It is used as a facial cleansing water and facial tonic. For this purpose, it is sprayed on the face or the face is cleaned by dripping on a make-up cotton.
- It helps to soothe and relax the baby by spraying directly on the most sensitive areas of the baby in ailments such as diaper rash (rash).
- Relieves muscle spasms. It is applied by spraying or compressing.
- To relieve itchy and burning eyes, a few drops of hydrosol are poured onto two cotton pads and placed on the eyelids while the eyes are closed. The eyes rest for a while.
- Due to its effects against bacteria and fungi, it can be applied in the form of shower or spray in urinary tract infections and genital area infections.
- It strengthens and moisturizes the hair by nourishing the hair roots. A small amount of hydrosol is applied to the scalp by massaging with fingertips. Wait for a while, then the hair is washed with shampoo and rinsed with plenty of water.
- It is useful to use it as a spray to eliminate the smell of sweat and foot odor under the armpits or to wipe these areas with a cotton dampened with hydrosol.
- It is used in aromatherapy centers for body massage or by adding to bath water.
-People who are sensitive to Asteracea family plants should not use it.
- Allergic reactions (skin reactions or anaphylactic shock) may be encountered in sensitive individuals depending on the amount of lactone carried by the essential oil dissolved in it.
- If trying for the first time, a patch test should be done on the skin. In case of an allergic reaction, it should be applied to a small spot of the skin and waited for one hour. If no reaction occurs, it should be applied to the skin.
- It should not be used during pregnancy and lactation.
-The least amount of hydrosol needed to achieve the desired result should be used.
- It should be kept out of reach of children.
It should be stored in tightly closed non-plastic containers, in a cool place (preferably a refrigerator), protected from light and moisture.