English name: Cajuput essential oil
Scientific name of the plant: Melaleuca cajuputi
Family of the plant: Myrtaceae ( Mersingiller)
Description: Obtained from leaves and young branch tips by steam distillation.
Color: Transparent, yellowish
Fragrance: Fresh, camphor-scented, slightly fruity
Fragrance level: Medium
Habitat: Northern Austria, India, Philippines, Malaysia
Compatible oils: Ginger, juniper, lavender, clove leaf, peppermint, eucalyptus, coniferous and citrus oils.
EFFECTS, APPLICATIONS AND USAGE
- It can be used for headaches and toothaches.
- It is effective as an expectorant, diaphoretic, antipyretic, opener of nasal, throat and upper respiratory tract obstructions, cough suppressant, and relieving respiratory tract inflammations such as sinusitis, pharyngitis and bronchitis.
- It is massaged with a carrier oil as a muscle relaxant, relieving muscle spasms and contractions, sciatica and joint pain.
- It is used in the improvement of acne and acne, skin infections, roughness and shine of the skin, and in antiseptic creams.
- It is effective in head lice and insect bites. It is used by steaming or rubbing the body to repel mosquitoes, ants and many other harmful insect species.
- It is a natural bodily fatigue reliever.
- Before use, it should be tested for irritation by applying it on a small part of the skin.
- Its use in the form of mist can cause an asthma attack.
- Ingestion may cause irritation.
- It should not come into contact with the eyes. In case of contact, the eyes should be washed immediately with plenty of water.
- When used externally in high doses, it causes skin irritation.
- The essential oil should be diluted with a fixed oil before application.
- Pregnant and nursing mothers should not use it.
- It should not be used by epilepsy patients, liver patients, cancer patients, and those with medical problems.
- It should not be used in children and the elderly.
- Those who use drugs constantly should not use this essential oil.
- Keep out of reach of children.
It should be stored in tightly closed, non-plastic containers, in a cool and dry environment, protected from heat, light and moisture.