English name: Lavander hydrosol, lavander hydrolat
Definition: Oily aromatic water that remains under oil during the extraction of essential oil from flowers by water distillation.
Scientific name of the plant: Lavandula angustifolia
The family of the plant: Lamiaceae
Turkish name of the plant: English lavender
Fragrance: Characteristic lavender
EFFECTS, APPLICATIONS AND USAGE
It is effective in skin wrinkles. It revitalizes the skin, balances the skin pH (5.6-5.9), therefore it is suitable for all skin types.
Used on acne-prone skin to control acne redness.
It is used in the treatment of sunburn, insect bites, itching, wounds and rashes.
-Due to its antimicrobial properties, it is used in minor burns and cuts against the possibility of infection of wounds.
- It has painkiller (analgesic), anti-inflammatory (anti-inflammatory), bactericidal and soothing properties.
It can be used for skin care of babies from birth.
-For the above-mentioned purposes, it is applied by spraying in the form of a spray or by dripping and compressing on cotton.
- It makes a significant contribution to keeping the hair clean, shiny and healthy, and is also used because of its properties against bacteria and fungi in case of problems in the roots of the hair. For this purpose, it is applied to the hair roots by friction.
-Used as a room or laundry spray. Its pleasant scent gives freshness, calmness and peace.
-Lavender water can be used instead of distilled water in the production of creams, ointments, soaps and bath products.
-Used as a spray for pet care, as well as minor cuts and itchy skin areas.
-People who are sensitive to Lamiaceae family plants should not use it.
- If trying for the first time, a patch test should be done on the skin. In case of allergic reaction, hydrosol should be applied to a small area of the skin first and waited for 1 hour. If no reaction occurs, it should be applied to the skin.
- It should not come into contact with the eyes. In case of contact, the eyes should be washed with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and a physician should be consulted.
-The least amount of hydrosol needed to achieve the desired result should be used.
- It should not be used during pregnancy and lactation.
- It should be kept out of reach of children.
It should be stored in tightly closed non-plastic containers, protected from light and moisture, in a cool environment (preferably a refrigerator). Shelf life is 1.5-2 years.